Thread: 198.168.1.1 username and password to reset

198.168.1.1 username and password to reset

I had purchased a new router linksys install and configure it properly. I didn't came across any kind of problem with my router and my modem and you know my is also Internet working absolutely great without any problem as I was facing on my previous modem. I faced some problem with my password as some one had hacked it so I went on 198.168.1.1 page to set up my router again, but it is on connecting I mean the page is not opening.*

If this will the problem then I can't able to change my Internal IP address from 198.168.1.1 now I need solution. I know there will be many who are facing this problem I saw some solution on web also but it is not working with me. Any new solution to this will help to solve.

Re: 198.168.1.1 username and password to reset

Before doing the below step what I am giving you, kindly confirm the Modem/Router you are using has 192.168.1.1 Internet protocol address.

Step to solve

• Start
    • Run
    • type cmd
    • ok
    • type ipconfig
    • press enter

You can see your IP address over there match your IP, if it is same then you will get your lost web page on 192.168.1.1. Now reset your Modem/Router to Defaults and try again.

I think it will get changed once you IP address get change, because in some case the IP may get conflict and may be you get the change IP address which may has last number come under 1 of 11. Means for example 192.168.2.?*the bold will get number between 1 to 11 which is depend on the Windows Operating system.

It time to check you ipconfig again, if it get change then you can try to access your web page of your Modem/Router with the IP address of 192.168.2.1

The IP Address I got was 192.168.10.2

This solution work's.....

Tq

It work for me also to solve my problem