Thread: Samsung Moisture detected at the USB charging port Error

Junior Editor

Samsung Moisture detected at the USB charging port Error

Hi to all in financialpdca forums,

I am really getting crazy after looking this message on my mobile phone, recently there was a software update in my Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus hand set, I had updated the software but after updating 2 or 3 das latter I had start detecting the error message on my Samsung s8 + "Moisture detected at the USB charging port" I had tried to resolve it many times by switching of the smart phone it is working but after some times when I removed the plug or connector still it is showing the same Error Message Moisture detected at the USB charging port.

Re: Samsung Moisture detected at the USB charging port Error

You can go to Mobile care or if you can try by yourself just follow of the below steps which you should follow if you can do it without any hazards.

1. Use 90% isopropyl alcohol or any electronic parts cleaner (for example.. WD40)
    2. Old Toothbrush to clean the port gently
    3. Blow it out with canned air with the help of blower or hair dryer

You should follow the above step in the supervision of elders because it may cause danger

Re: Samsung Moisture detected at the USB charging port Error

Quote Originally Posted by jio View Post
    Hi to all in financialpdca forums,

I am really getting crazy after looking this message on my mobile phone, recently there was a software update in my Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus hand set, I had updated the software but after updating 2 or 3 das latter I had start detecting the error message on my Samsung s8 + "Moisture detected at the USB charging port" I had tried to resolve it many times by switching of the smart phone it is working but after some times when I removed the plug or connector still it is showing the same Error Message Moisture detected at the USB charging port.

Hope this is not because of Software update, as we are carrying our mobile to many places some some the due the dust or water in contact with the connected produce some green color stuff on the port you can see it but hopefully my suggestion can help you to solve the issue about Moisture detected at the USB charging port
    1. Use wireless charger for charging once you see that mobile is charge more than 5% of the battery go to setting.
    2. Then Battery usage
    3. Check the option ‘Recent Battery Usage’ and look for app ‘Android System’
    4. Go in that and press on ‘Force Stop’. (It is take away the ‘Detecting Moisture’ notification and make your mobile phone start the charging without any error message)

Buddy Jio, this is just a temporary solution to get rid of this error go with new cable or go to mobile care or Samsung care.